English Grammar

Home Forums The BBE Website English Grammar

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by RobertD RobertD 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RobertD
    RobertD

Ask us a question about English grammar – and we’ll try to answer it! 🙂

LauraDudu
    LauraDudu
    Participant

Hi,
    I don’t speak english vey well but I’m trying. I’m doing a lot of efforts to speak english because if I don’t obtain the score 785 in TOEIC, my school will not allow to me to leave in Budapest in ERASMUS.

So, I joined a program to learn english specially to have a better score in TOEIC.
    I must do my homework everyday and today, I’m trying to write in english in this forum, but it’s very difficult to me. My big problem to reach 785 in TOEIC is English grammar. I don’t understand all your rules and to me there are to many exceptions !!
    In your point, what is the better way to learn grammar ?

Thank’s for your Help

Laura

RobertD
    RobertD

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your comments and questions! Yes, English grammar is very complicated and confusing. It’s a big topic, so the best thing to do is to break it down into smaller, manageable units.

Start by looking at all the tenses. Since BigBusinessEnglish.com is a new site we haven’t covered all the tenses yet, but you can watch my grammar videos which (at the moment) explain the basic concepts of the Present Simple and Present Continuous. I’ve also done a video on the Present Perfect. More videos will appear on this site and our YouTube channel (although probably not in time for your TOEIC test – sorry).

Other areas to look at are nouns, adjectives and adverbs.

Conditionals, modals and phrasal verbs are important.

A really good place to find lots of online resources for grammar is the British  Council LearningEnglish website.

In the meantime, if you’ve got a specific grammar question, I’ll try and answer it for you here.

Good luck with your studies!

Best wishes,

Robert 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.